Gamer . Streamer . Dabbler . Otaku

Tag: problems

Notes to self about Playstation 3 backup restore

So my precious first generation 60GB backward-compatible Playstation 3 got its second YLOD (Yellow Light of Doom) a few days ago and it looks like it’s dying for good. It gave us the YLOD  for the first time around less than a month ago, and we managed to revive it using this solder reflow method but it is only a temporary fix. Everything I read on the net says that even if a PS3 that has YLOD has been fixed with the better fix of solder reballing, it’s still just on life support and the second YLOD just confirmed it.

So I’m now looking for a new PS3 to replace the dying/dead one, and also searching for the best methods to get my game data and save files from the old one to the new one (especially the save data, since I don’t have Playstation Plus). There’s a few things I noticed when researching, and this blog post is actually my notes to self to see things more clearly and list the things I should do or note later.

Of course, if this posts helps more people than just me, it’s a pleasant bonus.

* Note, I don’t have those rental videos and copy-righted video downloads so there’s a lot lesser things I need to pay attention to. If you have those, read the articles/posts/guides I linked to and take note. Best to google and get your own confirmation.

Hmm… there’s something wrong with the paging of comments. It’s turned off for now, but I’m going to have to fix it later. >.<

Dragon Nest SEA, Fix for Trading House Lag

Today, I found out from this topic in the Dragon Nest SEA forums, that changing resolution of your Dragon Nest SEA game client was able to fix the infamous Trading House Lag.

Courtesy of the forumers atemu1234 and Scarel01, here are the resolutions that work (windowed mode is recommended) :

1280 x 720 (wide), 1360 x 768 (wide) and 1600 x 900 (wide)

I have no idea what happened…

But apparently all my posts and everything belonging in the post database table had disappeared on the 11th of September (ha-freaking-ha).

Thank goodness I have scheduled backup and managed to restore all the posts, up until the latest one made in August (gosh, I neglected this blog for so long). I still am completely clueless about what happened. I don’t know if it’s foul-play or just corruption on the database’s end but I got quite a shock to find a completely empty blog and the fact that it’s been like this for a week or so now.

I’m just thankful it can be fixed easily. Schedule backups for teh win!

Lost of precious tools

Today, I was trying to find an Excel file with a VBA macro that I wrote. Its purpose is to automate the process of listing all the topics in a section of a forum I moderated into html files, so that I can save them all easily from that list with DownThemAll instead of going through each of them and repeat the steps of saving and renaming. Then I discovered that I could not find the file. Then realized that none of my Excel files with macros in them (I refer to them affectionately as my tools) are anywhere to be found in the system and I am certain I did not delete any of them.

Some new stuff added

Most of the additions have to do with comments. The most prominent is the CAPTCHA, because I have a rather rampant spam problem. Another is that comments posted will not need approval before they show up and visitors’ comments can be edited within a certain period of time.

Another thing, which is kind of really odd bug.

A Bad Computer Day

After going through a day which happened to be Valentine’s Day but I spent part of it getting carsick and throwing up, then reaching home to promptly fall asleep at eight something P.M., I woke up at 7 this morning, feeling quite alright.

It’s a good nice beginning for a day, but things continued to de-rail from that point.

Got attacked by Webarh redirect

I came online today to find that my websites were auto-redirecting to a, which was blocked by Google for being a malicious site (thank goodness!). It caused the whole load of my hosted images to not load (possibly because they were being blocked) and my websites to not be displayed. Thankfully, with the help of the almighty Google and other experts (links included below), and also several hours of staring at FileZilla and swearing at the screen, the problem has been fixed.

Beware of scammers

I’ve been meaning to post this for a long time. No, this has nothing to do with internet security. These are real-life scammers who make use of people’s worries and ignorance to cheat them of their hard-earned money.

This is very real, and can happen to you and anyone around you. Especially if you are living in Malaysia or Singapore.

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén